Opportunities to Participate
The work we do truly takes a village, and the California Mentoring Partnership offers many opportunities for you to participate! We have several workgroups that rely on the input of mentoring professionals throughout the state:
- The Resource Development workgroup focuses on increasing resources (financial, human or in-kind) to expand the quality and quantity of mentoring opportunities throughout California. We are looking for people interested in helping us generate support for mentoring in California. Join us!
- The Outreach workgroup increases awareness and the visibility of mentoring statewide, supports coalition-building, and engages the field at-large in the work CMP does to promote mentoring in California. The Outreach workgroup is looking for people to help build and maintain these relationships. Contact us below if you are interested!
- The Research workgroup advances a California-based research agenda for youth mentoring, and we help to ensure that the research we pursue is relevant and beneficial to the field. If you are interested in being involved in our research opportunities, contact us.
- The Critical Issues workgroup engages in advocacy on behalf of the mentoring field and the youth and families we support. This group tracks and responds to emerging issues and timely events, often forming ad hoc task forces to address particular issues. These issues are ever-changing, so watch here for news and updates. If you’re interested in joining the Critical Issues workgroup, or any of our task forces, contact us below. Currently, task forces include:
- Mentoring as an essential service during the COVID pandemic.
- Mentoring and Racial Justice.
To learn more about any of our workgroups click on the button below and our Outreach team will connect you with the appropriate workgroup.Join a Workgroup
Mentoring / Racial Justice Workgroup Members:
Cecelia Chu, Friends for Youth
Vincent D’Averso, Alliance for Childrens’ Rights
Paul Freese, Human Trafficking Legal Network
Dana Goodrow, CMP, San Diego Mentoring Coalition
Erika Green, CMP/ CARS
Doreen Ivery, San Bernardino Mentoring Task Force, CMP
Claudia Lopez, Jobcorps
Amy Ludwig, MOSTe
Brenda Manuel, LAUSD Villages Mentoring Movement
Sarah Norman, Friends For Youth
Dustianne North, CMP
Lorna Pallares, Metro Ministries, San Diego Mentoring Coalition
Florence Parks, CMP, BBBS North Coast
Hank Roberts, Peacemakers
Kecia Sakazaki, Aging Up
Jerry Sherk, CMP
Laurie Vargas, SFUSD Mentoring for Success
Jevon Wilkes, California Coalition for Youth