The California Mentoring Partnership serves the mentoring field by strengthening, sustaining, and expanding quality mentoring throughout the state.
Our vision is for all young people in California to have caring adults in their lives, and to feel safe and supported, so they can go on to live to their fullest potential.
CMP values respect, diversity, inclusion, and a youth-centered approach. We pledge to support and complement the mentoring field through transparent collaboration across the state of California.
What We Do
- Unify and raise the visibility of the statewide mentoring community via support of regional and interest-based coalitions, online platforms to connect the field to resources, public awareness drives and legislative advocacy, and state gatherings that educate and inspire.
- Improve evidence-based mentoring practices through no- and low-cost technical support, training, and evaluation services to the mentoring field, based on research-based best practices.
- Connect potential mentors and mentees to appropriate mentoring programs.
- Advance a California-driven research agenda that demonstrates the benefits of mentoring and ensures that program practices are informed by research.
- Cultivate and provide the resources necessary to fund a statewide mentoring initiative via partnerships with funding sources, collaboration with programs and regional coalitions, and advocacy efforts.